posted on 5th Feb 2013
Your wedding is unique and your special day at Leez Priory will be tailored to suit your individual requirements. We have come up with some other fabulous ideas of how you can personalise your big day:
1. Decorate an area of the house with pictures of you and your Groom growing up. It will make a fanstastic talking point and who doesn’t love a baby picture?
2. Name your wedding breakfast tables after places that are special to you, such as the place where you first met or where the magic proposal occurred. You could also use photos of the two of you in the special places.
3. To make your guests feel included in your big day, create a photo collage and make sure you include a picture of everyone attending your wedding. Place it in one of our reception rooms, or use it as a personalised tableplan, by placing each guest’s photo around their table number.
4. Hand-written place names will add a personal touch to your day. While you’re in the handwriting mood, take the time to write a special few guests a thank you note for all their help in the lead-up to your special day.
5. Create your very own playlist for our in house DJ featuring at least one song that will mean something to every guest – that way you’re guaranteed to have a packed dance floor!
6. Choose your favourite picture of you and your Fiance – black and white looks most chic – and print enough shots for each tablecentre. Spend an evening with your bridesmaids decorating the image with ribbon or attach it to glittery card to match your theme. Your chosen florist can then place your customised photo on to each arrangement.
7. Recruit talented friends and family – maybe one could sing while you sign the register and another could make your cake.
8. Personalise your wedding day menu! Met at a beach party? Serve fish and chips! Our Head Chef is happy to discuss cuisine that has a personal memory tied to it for your canapes, wedding breakfast or evening buffet. Alternatively why not opt for our candy stand with your childhood sweets?
9. Incorporating personal keepsakes or family trinkets into your floral displays is a lovely way to add sentimental value to your day. You could use a strip of silk or lace from your mum’s wedding dress to bind the stems of your bouquet. Alternatively, why not have your grandmother’s old pearls attached to your table flowers for a real vintage look.
10. On the back of every place setting, write a personal memory that you or your Groom has of that guest.