Marriage was something Rob and Paula would often discuss. So when it came to going to Ibiza in 2016 Paula said “I kind of knew it was coming”
The couple went to a place on the east side of Ibiza for dinner, down near the beach where there is a large marina.
During dinner Rob suggested that they should go for a walk down the marina to the end of the pier to see the views of the neighboring hills that enclose Santa Eulalia beach. “We walked up the pier, it was very dark and there wasn’t many people around. We took a few photos, talked about how nice it was. As a family passed Rob asked if they would take our photo. We posed, had our photo taken, then Rob asked them to do another as he wanted to pull a silly pose, and with that he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! The passer by also managed to get a picture of it!”
Needless to say Paula said ‘YES’
Paula’s engagement ring was purchased from Cred Jewellery which sells Canadian diamonds to certify they are conflict free as well as making their jewellery from Fair Trade certified gold. It was safe to say she was over the moon by such a thoughtful gesture.
They decided to have ‘I like you a lot’ engraved into the rings which is something Rob said to Paula when they first started dating.
The only thing Paula was sure she wanted was Sunflowers.
“They remind me of my granddad who passed away in 2012 and they are my favorite flower. So I went straight for the pinterest board and started looking for sunflower/wedding colour schemes”
Rob saw the venue whilst Paula was in full wedding mode watching ‘Say Yes to the Dress UK’ and immediately wanted to go see it. “Leez Priory was the first and only venue we looked at – it’s that incredible! Upon arrival we were blown away by the view of the front of the venue from the car park. Instantly Rob grabbed my arm and was said how much he already liked it. As we walked into the carriage way the song we wanted as our first dance was playing and Rob stopped in his tracks and looked at me and smiled. The the idea of being able to have our wedding outside in the summer with the incredible backdrop was something we couldn’t resist. Even more so the best things about Leez Priory was the grounds and the lake. The scenery was simply stunning!”
The ceremony was held under the Tower in the inner Courtyard. The sun was shining and everyone looked fabulous…Especially the bride!
“I have never felt as beautiful as I did in that dress and veil. It was a Pronovious Ontur dress and I loved the ombre colour from ivory into blush. People always talk about the dress but for me it was all about the veil. When I was picking my veil I always knew I wanted a long one, I had a vision of me walking across Leez Priory garden towards the Tower with a veil that flowed behind me, I knew it would be picture perfect”
Paula kept her accessories to the minimum as she wanted the main focus to be her dress and veil. She wore a pair of Tiffany earrings that Rob had bought her for her 30th Birthday and a plain silver bracelet that she had purchased from Debenhams.
She also decided to go with a block Hall as she was getting married outside and didn’t want to sink into the lawn…Very well planned!
Rob chose his outfit. He went for navy trousers and jacket with a dove grey waistcoat. All suits were hired from Moss Bros.
Paula’s two best friends, Josie and Sarah were her bridesmaids. They wore navy dresses from ASOS.
Esme and Isla (Paula’s nieces) who are 6 and 3 years were asked to be flower girls.
“They love their uncle Rob so they couldn’t wait to dress up like princesses”
Paula and Rob would like to share their ‘Top Tips’ for all of our future couples:
1. You will always go over your budget. So plan to. Believe me it’s worth it!
2. Set up a spreadsheet for estimated costs and actual costs.
3. Wedding stationary and favours are not a big deal. People don’t really mind that stuff. If you can save money there – do!
4. If you can pay a bit extra for a second photographer do so! It was great that we had two, one could capture me walking up the aisle, whilst the other caught my husband to be’s reaction! Do not save money on the photographer. This is where to splash out!
5. Don’t ask for too many opinions on your choices, you will get them and sometimes you won’t like them!
6. Get a photo booth! Our guests love it and our guest book from it is incredible.
7. During your ceremony make eye contact with those you love around you, it helps you focus in the madness and excitement of the moment and you will then remember that moment forever.
8. Don’t worry about other people. Those that matter will be there and if they matter they’ll pretend to be happy!
9. You’ll never finish a conversation or drink – don’t worry about it.
10. On the evening take some time for you and your new partner – whether it’s a walk together or 15 minutes alone taking a breather in your room together. Everyone will be wanting your attention so try and get a 1-2-1 moment.
“If we could do it all again, we’d do it all at Leez Priory. It was perfect”
Dress: The Wedding shop – Colchester
Suits: Moss BrosThe accessories: The Wedding Shop – Colchester
Bridesmaid’s dresses: Asos
Other outfits: Flower girl – Debenhams.
Wedding rings: Cred Jewellery
Wedding cake: Little Lucy’s Bakery
Photographer: Brooks Brother Photography
Flowers: Blossom Florists Essex
Makeup : Natalie Michel MUA
Hair: Hannah Glanvill Campey